Mar 06 2012

Crazy about my bread maker

Published by at 9:50 pm under All,Food/ Shopping,Miscellaneous

I bought a bread maker just before Christmas, and ended up loving it. It is a house brand of Tesco, but actually made by Elba – saw exactly the same in Jusco except for the button color! Anyway, I have been experimenting some bread recipes and have been crazy about it.

From My Bakery

Bread making is unlike cake baking, I do sweat a lot in making bread (except loaf bread, those are super easy!). Even with bread maker, there is still lots of ‘hard work’ to do, especially if want variety – every single bun must be hand made, the bread maker doesn’t helpt me to do that, LOL!

Here are some bread that I’ve made. Some I have shared recipe in my cook blog. Do check out Suzette Cooks for cinnamon rolls recipe and rosemary bread (this one is a loaf bread, really no brainer but extremely yummy!). And coming up soon will be other breads below… :)

Cinnamon Roll with Chocolate Chips

From My Bakery

Rosemary Loaf Bread

From My Bakery

Japanese Milk Toast

From My Bakery

Cheese Bread Sticks

From My Bakery

Potato Buns

From My Bakery

Strawberry Cheese Cream Buns

From My Bakery

and even pizza dough…

From My Bakery

This bread maker is a well worth purchase!! It was my new and not so new toy now, since before Christmas!! ;)

16 responses on Crazy about my bread maker

16 Responses to “Crazy about my bread maker”

1. mumsgatheron 07 Mar 2012 at 8:00 am

Wow! You really can bake. The breadmaker will be wasted on me. Haha.

2. suzetteon 07 Mar 2012 at 9:13 am

No, it won’t, if your family eat a lot of bread! You know how bad the bread improver can do to our body? And the bread sold at stores, are all enhanced with bread improver. With a little of bread improver, the same amount of ingredient can produce a lot more bread than without. That’s how they profit from selling bread. And that’s how the bread so airy – you press them and you get a thin slice, whilst home made bread is so compact, yet can be very soft. Very filling, and yummy. :) you will wanna bake more. Hehe!

3. 24yomummyon 11 Mar 2012 at 8:42 pm

thanks for sharing, my next project is baking bread, actually. Probably, I’ll get it start next week as my toddler loves bread, and our family too. I’ll be back to this site when my project starts, once again, thanks! :)

4. Sandra Yeongon 23 Mar 2012 at 12:02 pm

It looks very very impressive.. How much is the bread maker?? maybe you can try this recipe, this one seem very tasty

5. suzetteon 24 Mar 2012 at 9:29 am

That’s the one that I’ve used for my Japanese Milk Buns. I’ve called it wrongly, haha! ;)

6. annieon 22 May 2012 at 12:41 pm

hot much is the bread maker? and how long it took to bake a loaf of bread?

7. suzetteon 25 May 2012 at 10:29 am

I paid RM199. Detail of this breadmaker can be found in my cook blog here: http://suzettecooks.com/2012/01/my-new-bread-maker/

8. suzetteon 25 May 2012 at 10:30 am

It takes total of 3 hours, but your involvement is only in the beginning – put in all ingredients, switch it on, then you can leave it until it beeps for you to remove the bread out. :)

9. Jannatulon 09 Jul 2012 at 2:04 pm

Does this mean that the bread maker can replace oven in terms of baking the bread (or any other breads i.e. bun, small buns etc).

10. suzetteon 10 Jul 2012 at 12:26 pm

No, only for loaf bread. If you want to shape your bread, you need to remove from the bread maker and shape into desired shape, bake in oven.

11. cynthia santoson 18 Nov 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hi suzette,

I am so interested to buy a bread maker. After almost a year, how is your Tesco brand holding up?

12. suzetteon 21 Nov 2012 at 9:37 pm

Cynthia, my Tesco bread maker still holding on strong! You can definitely use it, not bad at all. Go go! And let us know your experiments and come share your recipe here. LOL!

13. MEI LINon 09 May 2014 at 5:07 pm

Hi Suzette,
    You have made bread making so interesting! I have bought this Tesco breadmaker at the offer price but somehow, there was no guidebook in the box when I arrived home. Tesco do not have a spare copy, so the bread maker has been left in the box since. Can you share with me how to operate the machine? Is it possible to scan and share your guidebook or where else can I go for a copy?
    Much appreciate if you can help.

Mei Lin

14. evelynon 24 Sep 2014 at 1:14 pm

Hi Suzette, just want to know how come my bread turn out very hard. Not soft or fluffy. I am using no 1 for basic bread.

15. Joon 08 Oct 2014 at 1:43 pm

Hi, Suzette,
    My bread is not soft and fluffy. I am also using option 1 for basic bread. I followed the instructions in the manual from the breadmaker. It is hard and sometimes crumbly too. :(
    Any idea why this is happening? Amy suggested solutions? Thanks! :)

16. suzetteon 13 Jul 2015 at 11:30 pm

Sorry for the long delayed reply. I guess the recipe you use matters. There are many recipes using whatever 5c method, tangzhong method, etc. I lately discovered that, by adding a little of cream cheese, or mashed pumpkin/ mango, can make our bread very soft for days. You can try that. Ian loves it so much that he can eat 2 loaves in 5 days, all by himself.