Jan 24 2010

Steamed Blueberry Cheesecake

Published by at 3:31 pm under All,Food/ Shopping

Yesterday I made this steamed blueberry cheesecake. Very easy to bake… oh, not bake, it was STEAMED.

Yes, so if you don’t have an oven at home, or think baked stuff is ‘heaty’, you can try this version.

Steamed Blueberry Cheesecake

It is very easy to make. Too easy that I doubted that it could be successful, but it did. The only complaint I have is the overpowering egg scent/taste. It uses 6 eggs, which is 50% more than what I normally would, for a cheesecake same size. So, if you want to make the same, do reduce to 4 eggs and I think it would be even better.

Isabel loved it. Ian hasn’t tried it as I am writing this post. LOL!

6 responses on Steamed Blueberry Cheesecake

6 Responses to “Steamed Blueberry Cheesecake”

1. Pei Weion 25 Jan 2010 at 7:48 am

waaa steamed cheesecake…i can try!! coz no oven at home.
    u have any other steamed cake recipe ka?

2. aiyuon 25 Jan 2010 at 11:12 am

ya, I think hubs mentioned about the egg taste too.

3. suzetteon 25 Jan 2010 at 12:11 pm

Pei Wei: Check out my cook blog, there is another steamed cheesecake, but this one is better.

Aiyu: For me, I think I smelled it the moment I removed from the steamer. But when eating, less so. You haven’t tried, should have passed a piece for him to bring it home!

4. Dog Obedience Tipson 29 Jan 2010 at 1:07 pm

Steamed cheesecake?? i think my dreams have finally come true! I’ve even had a steamed cheeseburger before, and that was something, so i think i’m gonna explore more about this steamed blueberry cheesecake!

5. Joey Logano Fanon 07 Feb 2010 at 10:59 am

Well the cheesecake looks really good, just looking at the photo is making me hungry for it :D

6. CreativeMindon 01 May 2012 at 10:26 am

this steamed cheesecake looks so healthy and delish! :)
    just a few questions: is it that i reduce the eggs to 3, the size of the cake will still be the same?
    And also, can i change most of the ingredients to low fat version?
    thanks for this recipe!