May 24 2008

My first Nuffnang cheque

Published by at 8:07 pm under All,Blogging

It took me quite a while to earn this first cheque from Nuffnang. But then, after receiving this cheque almost a couple of months now, it is still sitting in my handbag. It is almost like salted veggie now, all crumpled!

nuffnang check

Okay, okay, I admit I am LAZY to go to the bank to bank in this cheque. Okay, that is not a good excuse. Okay, I promise am going to cash it out TODAY – I must really do that. :p

I joined Nuffnang more than a year now, some time ago in Feb/Mar last year. Got my first campaign in end Mar ’07, and then one campaign per week for a total of 7 weeks. After that, LOOOOONNNNGGG silence, no more campaigns. Actually during those times, this blog was just in income band 1. So, in total, I earned less than RM10!

Then, following this blog being penalized in Google PR, I stopped writing paid posts, focused more on traffic driving activities. In December, I regained campaigns from Nuffnang again. On and off, there would be 1 to 3 campaigns running at one time.

Then later, they allow cash out the earning for minimum of RM50. I quickly applied for cash-out in early Feb ’08. It took almost 2 months for the check to arrive, and nearly 2 months sitting in my handbag. Hahahaha!

Now, my income band has been improved further, and I have more than RM100 already. Contemplating to cash out my earning… ;)

I really love Nuffnang now. REALLY! They give out real money (not in Paypal), and I don’t have to do anything – no need to write paid posts, no deadline to chase! Unlike Adsense, they don’t require advertising clicks – just place the code and it runs itself! Low maintenance. Hahaha!

BTW, they charge RM1 for transaction fee when you cash out the earning (reasonable). And then, somewhat, I believe HSBC took another RM1, coz in total, I lost RM2. So, should wait till more amount, so that it is more worthy! It is the earning of 1 campaign for income band 1 of Glitterati!! :p

26 responses on My first Nuffnang cheque

26 Responses to “My first Nuffnang cheque”

1. Roxiticus Desperate Housewiveson 24 May 2008 at 10:25 pm

Suzette,

Greetings from the beach in Bay Head, New Jersey. Just came by to vote for you in your Saturday morning Battle of the Blogs…will be back once I’ve saved up enough credits to advertise my Bay Head Blog on your EntreCard widget.

Have a terrific weekend!

Roxy

2. Robbon 25 May 2008 at 11:30 am

what? HSBC charge another RM1? Are you sure about this?

3. The Casanovaon 25 May 2008 at 11:35 am

Cool..wonder when i can get mine! =((

4. Steve Yuon 25 May 2008 at 11:51 am

Congrats. :D It’s like taking forever to cash out my nuffnang earning.

5. Marcon 25 May 2008 at 1:07 pm

Hope it will be my turn soon

6. darkestangelon 25 May 2008 at 2:36 pm

congrats for getting your cheque!

7. avelynon 25 May 2008 at 4:02 pm

That’s nice! xD

I wonder when will be my turn to receive it. (:

8. deanon 25 May 2008 at 5:15 pm

hi..i really wanna earn thru nuffnang…can we exchange links?

9. C Kon 25 May 2008 at 6:20 pm

Congrats on that cheque, I’ve not even begun to smell it yet. :p

10. THBon 25 May 2008 at 7:43 pm

Nuffnang Sg uses United Overseas Bank. I waited about 70 days before the cheque arrived and it bore the WRONG NAME!! Argh!!!

11. suzetteon 25 May 2008 at 10:28 pm

Roxy: thanks a lot for the visit and the vote! I need just that to win! :) okay, will check out your new blog… :)

Robb: yes, I’m very sure that I lost RM2 in total. RM1 was clearly written in my Nuffnang payment history. Then what I received is RM1 less than whatever left after the deduction of the ‘admin’ charges. Do you mean it shouldn’t be this way?

Casanova/Steve/Marc/avelyn/CK/darkestangel/Dean: :) Thanks! I’m sure you’ll receive yours very soon…

Dean: sure! Once you leave enough comments it will be shown on my sidebar. I have a plugin for this. :)

THB: oh! I’m sorry to hear that. Was it finally corrected for you?

12. chzehongon 26 May 2008 at 12:55 am

Congrats on your first cheque, I’m still waiting for mine to mature.

So nuffnang gave you a cheque which was RM 1 less than your total earning at that point?

And why HSBC charge RM 1?

I realized banks now a days charge ridiculously. I was charged RM 2 by public bank for cashing out my OWN cash cheque.

13. KYon 26 May 2008 at 10:52 am

ooo congrats!

14. suzetteon 27 May 2008 at 2:00 pm

chzehong: Thanks! Well, it was made clear that RM1 would be deducted for administration (they call it transaction fee), so I’m pretty much okay with that.

I’ve just double confirmed, actually it is RM0.50 less than the cash out value (guess HSBC charged). So in total, RM1.50 was deducted. Okaylah, a glass of cooling tea in the coffee shop. :)

KY: Thanks! I’m sure you’ve got many times already ya? Looking at your traffic… drooling! Hahaha!

15. Jayceon 02 Jul 2008 at 2:07 pm

I also just notice that HSBC charged RM0.50 for each Nuffnang cheque.
    Why HSBC charged us? :?

16. ctpye76on 22 Jul 2008 at 2:05 pm

Congratulations on your 1st chq by nuffnang… !! Wish I had it too..

17. suzetteon 24 Jul 2008 at 9:55 am

Jayce: Dunno ler. Nuffnang should be able to answer that, right? I was waiting for Robb to answer but don’t think he re-visited this post again. Lazy to log a ticket, so just forgot about it. :p

ctpye76: Thanks! You will get it soon. :) Now I learned, and I am not going to cash out my earning so soon… want to wait till it has more than 500. LOL! Greedy (or stingy) me!

18. Joleneon 18 Nov 2008 at 7:01 pm

wow, thanks for sharing. I just start nuffnangs recently, but don’t know why, my payment is rm0, although i have traffic in my blog. Is that need to wait for one month for processing?

19. suzetteon 19 Nov 2008 at 3:17 pm

Jolene: For nuffnang, you need to install the code, and then wait for advertiser to pick to advertise in your blog. Once you are picked, you will receive notification email from the staff. Also, there is something called metered ads, so if you see ads in your blog, then only you get paid. BTW, they count towards traffic from Malaysia only – geo targetted campaigns. So if you have traffic, but mostly from overseas, then you also don’t get paid. Hope this helps.

20. umarneton 22 Mar 2009 at 4:58 pm

Wow, congratulation and thanks for sharing

21. aidi-safuanon 09 Dec 2009 at 9:22 pm

im jeles of u!huh!
    :p

22. emyon 10 Dec 2009 at 10:41 am

good job! happy blogging!

23. eyriqazzon 11 Dec 2009 at 12:10 pm

Congratz..Just got mine this month…

24. Louison 22 Mar 2010 at 10:48 am

Wow congrats! I also started putting nuffnang on my blogs but I dont know how will I earn. I knonw how adsensne workd but in nuffnang I dont know how. I was trying to search it in their website but I got lost…any advice?tnx

25. deyon 24 May 2010 at 1:06 am

wow .. will try it .. thanks 4 the info

26. yanivril_27on 12 Jan 2011 at 6:31 am

hi..can i ask how much you earn??thanks..