«
»

Apr 09 2008

Blog battles in BE

Published by at 9:28 pm under All,Blogging

I have joined BlogExplosion for quite a while already but apart from surfing to earn traffic and assigning points, I didn’t really check out all other features that it offers.

I finally took some time to check it out and was surprised with their creativity in turning game-playing into traffic tools. Looks like I’ve missed the bandwagon for a long while!

In this post I will focus on just one game: Battle of the Blogs.

What is Battle of the Blogs?
When you enter the battle page, you’ll have 3 options of actions: create a battle, accept a challenge, or vote a battle.

blog battle

Sometimes there aren’t any challenges waiting for you, so you’ll have to create one or wait till one is available. Creating a battle meaning that you suggest an amount of bet, and wait for someone to take up your challenge.

BE Credits Costs
The amount of bet range from 25 to 200 credits. The member who accepting the challenge must place the same amount of credit as bet. Once a challenge has been accepted 15 other members vote for both blogs. The person with the most votes wins the challenge and gets 70% of the pot. The 15 members who have voted on who is the best blog splits the remaining 30% of the pot.

Results of My Last Few Battles
I’ve tried entering 6 battles, won 5 lost 1. I was quite lucky to have won 5. They are near misses! Look, my scores are mostly 8:7. And the one lost battle was 7:8 (no screenshot).

3rd battle
4th battle
5th battle
6th battle

I think this blog is still not that outstanding to warrant a significant win. LOL! BTW, you’ll see the thumbnail of my blog is still using the old butterfly theme. Whilst I am satisfied with BE, its thumbnail is a failure, many didn’t get theirs!!

Benefits to Voters
You get to share 30% of the total credits wagered. Normally when you surf for credit, you earn 0.5 credit per blog visited. Here, the minimum rate is the same (1 credit for 2 blogs), but most of the battles offer more than 1 credit in total.

Benefits to Loser in Battle
You get a minimum of 15 visits, with 25 or more credits. It could be more, if it includes your challenger, and others who view but not voting.

Benefits to Winner in Battle
You get back your wager, plus 20% of the pot (or 40% of your own wager). You also get 15 visits, or even more.

Updated: Oops, just as I wait for this post to be published, I lost in a battle very badly. Was defeated 3:12! Is like slapped left, right and center!! Is my blog that lousy? :p

8th battle

Suzette

Related Posts

6 responses on Blog battles in BE

6 Responses to “Blog battles in BE”

  1. amber dawnon 10 Apr 2008 at 1:55 pm

    My thumbnail hasn’t been updated for well over a month now. I have no idea how it even managed to be given one that is a ‘sports blog’ look! It’s quite frustrating to me. I’ve been in ‘queue’ for quite some time now. I wonder if the site is even really monitored anymore.

    (I felt like complaining since I saw my name there – goldmourn – and the thumbnail has been bugging me!)

    I enjoy BoB just to see what’s out there or view favourites!

  2. Mariucaon 10 Apr 2008 at 2:15 pm

    Hola, good luck for ur battle today! ;)

    I too still don’t have my thumbnail up and it’s been two months! :(

  3. suzetteon 11 Apr 2008 at 6:04 am

    Amber: sorry to hear that. I saw from the forum, many people were affected!

    Mariuca: hey! You just defeated me! Great blog you have! :)

  4. LUCKYLADYon 11 Apr 2008 at 7:09 am

    I LOVE DOING IT BECAUSE I GET BORED BUT I THINK IT IS ALL WRONG HOW CAN YOU BE SO GOOD ONE MINUTE AND GET 3 VOTES THE NEXT I ALSO HEARD PEOPLE CHEAT NOT SURE HOW BUT I GUESS THERE IS A WAY

  5. Mc_boneon 12 Apr 2008 at 2:10 am

    entered BE with u as the referral =)

    n btw? how come ur commenter got thumbnail pictures of their own?

  6. suzetteon 23 Apr 2008 at 6:02 pm

    LuckyLady: Hmm… good point, but maybe the blog that defeated me is that good? Wow, cheating? How to? Maybe get a few friends to vote for self? You know, after this, I got defeated EVERYTIME, and was marginally too: 7-8 defeated. Sob, sob, sob!

    Mc_bone: Oh! Thanks a lot! My comment got thumbnail because I use a plugin. Try MyAvatar WP plugin here:
    http://www.napolux.com/2006/12/14/myavatars-a-wordpress-plugin-for-mybloglog/

Trackback URI | Comments RSS

Leave a Reply