Mar 03 2008

Do you hold your bladder? For how long?

Published by at 6:07 am under All,Miscellaneous

Ahem! I am guilty for abusing my bladder ALL THE TIME. And though I am guilty for that, I still do it. :P

I have the bad habit of holding my bladder, not going to the washroom, until at a level that I cannot hold it any more. My tense can be so immensed that even my facial expression changed, then only I’d make the trip to the toilet. LOL!

This usually happens when I’m working in the office, and the toilet is like 2-3 min walk away.

I think I abused my bladder too much that I have a weak bladder. The moment I feel the urge of going, I am at the verge of leaking! The moment I feel it, I had to go immediately – no more waiting.

My sister knows me VERY WELL. Yesterday after we had our dinner, just before leaving the restaurant I mentioned to her I needed to go to the toilet. But we were still waiting for the credit card to be returned, and my sister told me to go first. SHE COULD SEE FROM MY FACIAL EXPRESSION, I COULDN’T HOLD IT ANY MORE!

To make it worse, my weak bladder actually can’t hold much. If I drink the same amount of liquid as others, I got to go 4 times more. So, every 15 min, you’ll see me tensed up and needed to go. It is bad.

I remember in one seminar where I was seated at the front row. I woke up and left the room 4 to 6 times within the hour. People were concerned whether I was sick and advised me to do a thorough check-up. I spent a few hundred went to a medical center, did a few tests, and was announced – NORMAL. So, a ‘normal’ woman goes to toilet every 15 min? Interesting…

Anyway, do you also hold your bladder? How frequently do you do that? Why?

11 responses on Do you hold your bladder? For how long?

11 Responses to “Do you hold your bladder? For how long?”

1. michelleon 03 Mar 2008 at 5:10 pm

It is not very healthy to hold too much urine in the bladder, it can cause UTI. Now you make me want to go to the loo..excuse me.

2. suzetteon 04 Mar 2008 at 10:51 am

michell: yup, you are right about it. I am guilty for that… :P

3. aiyuon 04 Mar 2008 at 2:22 pm

And here I thought I go to the loo quite often, but you win hands down!!

I need to go like every hour and i drink a lot of water too. It’s really inconvenient when travelling. There’s been too many times where the whole travel group is held up because I needed to go pee.

And no, i don’t hold…

4. suzetteon 04 Mar 2008 at 6:26 pm

Aiyu: go every hour is often? You are lucky loh… I tend to get dehydrated, and I suspect that’s because I pass out all the water. LOL!

5. EMYYLon 04 Mar 2008 at 11:33 pm

Someone told me that holding in your pee too long and too often may lead to increase chances of developing stones(kidney or gall bladder). Not sure true or not. Then again, you wouldn’t want to take the risk of being on the brink of having an “accident” by holding it too long. Never know if there’s a working loo nearby when you most need it.

6. Aprilon 05 Mar 2008 at 3:58 am

I’m guilty of it as well. Especially at night. I just don’t want to get up out of bed to go!

7. suzetteon 05 Mar 2008 at 9:51 am

EMYYL: Ya, lots of problem would develop if hold too long – UTI, stones, accidents. LOL!

April: Ah, for that I won’t do, coz it often results in unable to fall asleep again. :)

8. Meon 06 Jan 2010 at 8:49 am

I usually pee once or twice a day, the longest time ive held my pee is 26 hours.
    Is this normal for a 17 yr old?

9. lilkuntaon 30 Jan 2010 at 1:22 am

After 2 kids & repeatedly holding your urine, I think you have weakened your pyloric sphincter.

10. Brittanyon 01 Jul 2010 at 7:02 am

Hi I’m Brittany, and im 14 years old. I hv actually held my bladder so long that I couldn’t hold it anymore and I completely peed my pants.

11. Jarrett Jordanon 10 Nov 2010 at 9:30 am

Yes, I’ve always held my pee for 8 hours at a time and never had a problem.