Feb 21 2008

People who use BlackBerry are stupid

Published by at 9:26 pm under All,Miscellaneous

I am a strong believer in that. I even laughed at people who show off their BlackBerry. I said out loudly that I wouldn’t subscribe to BlackBerry if I can avoid.

The last time I said that, it was just a couple of weeks ago. I laughed at someone who complaint that during his holiday he still had to answer emails in his BlackBerry. He thought I was smart not to have one.

I always thought there were only 2 types of people in this BlackBerry world:
1. Dumb fella, blindly follows the technology trend, showing off their bulky device thinking they have the ‘in’ thing.
2. Smart fella like me, keep my hands off that, so I can have my peace of mind and privacy after work. We use small and light phones like Nokia 6300.

I spoke too early.

cry baby

Now I’ve Joined The Same Boat!

I forgot there is a third type: The unwilling ones, forced to use because of work.

Yesterday, this was put on my table:

Blackberry1

I opened it:

Blackberry2

A BlackBerry device! Apparently my boss has ordered that for us, and from now on we have to switch to this bulky device and join the club. Sob, sob, sob.

This thing is so, so, so, so, so, so, so bulky. Okay, it is not heavy, but it is BULKY. Look at it resting on my palm:

Blackberry3

And look at it compared to my Nokia 6300:

Blackberry4

Right now, I haven’t seen the benefit of the BlackBerry YET. I really hope after a few weeks of usage, I can come back and show off mine, and be called the stupid moron like the first group. LOL!

Actually ah, at this stage, I am still struggling with it. Maybe I don’t know how to use it yet, dunno why whatever I’ve done on Outlook doesn’t get reflected in the Device, and vice-versa. So much hassle, having to deal with 2 sets of messages. After filed/deleted the set on my Outlook, I have to deal with them on the device. Until now, I still see it as troublesome than benefit. Hopefully after I figure it out, I’ll be happy with it.

Right now, even sending SMS is also a pain. Last time, just 1 button, the SMS compose page appeared. Now, I have to: click, type 6 characters password to unlock (another click), scroll to message, click and scroll to ‘create sms’, click, then only the interface appear.

From now on, don’t expect me to send or reply short SMS like ‘ok’, or ‘thanks’. That is more pain and longer than the past.

Okay, okay, maybe I AM in a way showing off my BlackBerry in this post. Maybe? Hahahahaha!

BTW, I have to get my SIM card exchanged, to be the 128kb 3G SIM. Mine is still the VERY OLD 64kb sim, since 5 years ago. I missed the boat, when Maxi offered free upgrade. :P

17 responses on People who use BlackBerry are stupid

17 Responses to “People who use BlackBerry are stupid”

1. 3POINT8on 21 Feb 2008 at 5:54 pm

I heard people can go online on msn with a blackberry!
    That is so cool~~~

2. Giddy Tigeron 21 Feb 2008 at 6:04 pm

Eh? You calling yourself stupid meh? :P

3. Layson 21 Feb 2008 at 6:12 pm

Keke.. my sis is forced to use. No more excuses for not reading/receiving emails from boss.. kekekekeke

4. suzetteon 22 Feb 2008 at 12:37 am

3Point8: Ya, that’s true, they have a few instant messenging network on BlackBerry. Right now, installed in my device are all,but except MSN. LOL! It has Blackberry, Yahoo, Google Messenging. I use MSN normally, so wait till I get to figure it out… :)

Giddy Tiger: :P Ya loh, stupid, but stupid because I made such comments earlier now bad karma strikes back on me. LOL!

Lays: Hahaha! I think that’s the reason why my boss ordered that for me. The last time I traveled to Bangkok and Jakarta for a week, I was unable to answer my emails due to issues with Internet and VPN connection. Now, like your sis, no more excuse. :P Bosses are smart. LOL!

5. azrinon 22 Feb 2008 at 2:28 am

Poor you… just stick by with P990 or something better,..

Blackberrys are known to give headaches as they emit far too much radiation anyway.

azrin @ http://www.azrin.net

6. Debon 23 Feb 2008 at 6:09 pm

Welcome to the club! hehehe!

I have been using BB for over a year because that was the cellphone plan in the company I work for. It has advantages and disadvantages. Took me a few days to get acquainted and be passably proficient with the keyboard and trackwheel. The keypad is configured differently than most phones.

I still use my handy motorola v3x with another sim, but this BB (mine is BB7100g) is very very useful for me. Try to maximize the use of the BB messenger among your peers who also have BBs. They said it was cheaper than texting.
    Now I catch myself “thumbing” my motorola, looking for the trackwheel on the side, hehe. You may end up doing the same with your nokia.

In a few months we will be issued another model, presumably one with a trackball in the middle. That would probably take me a few days to be proficient again.

7. suzetteon 23 Feb 2008 at 10:41 pm

azrin: BB is the only device supported by the company and Maxis, so have to stick to it ler… :(

Deb: Thanks for dropping by and left a comment here. :)
    Ya, it takes really a while to get acquanted, and I am still struggling with the keyboard and trackwheel. I regret that I didn’t ask to get a new sim for the BB, so I really can’t use my old Nokia unless I want to change my number. :(
    Thanks for the tips on BB Messenger, it seems useful!
    Is the new model from the Curve family? They look great! Has camera also. :)

8. Debon 27 Feb 2008 at 10:48 am

Yes, I think it will be a BB Curve this time. with camera and wifi :)
    But admittedly, BBs are hefty cellphones. When I have mine in its”holster” and clipped on my belt or pants, it looks like im carrying something illegal. :)

9. suzetteon 27 Feb 2008 at 12:36 pm

Deb: LOL! As I don’t use belt, I have to buy a pouch instead of using its holster. Very bulky for ladies’ small handbags. :)
    BTW, I was thinking of you today, about your tips on BB Messenger. I tried to use it, but it doesn’t come with alert tone. I kept missing messeges until much later. And the PING vibration is just so soft that gone unnoticed. Anyway to fix this? Thanks! :)

10. Suzette » Padam mukaon 18 Mar 2008 at 9:15 pm

[...] last Wed night, during the telecon, I ‘realized’ that the handsfree that came with my BlackBerry smart phone wasn’t [...]

11. [...] second photo was the screen guard that I bought from eBay, which was supposed to be fitting for my BlackBerry, model 8707g. We couldn’t find the protector that is 100% suiting, which require some [...]

12. stoopon 31 Aug 2008 at 11:37 pm

And you’re stupid as well!

13. nicdanicon 14 Aug 2009 at 1:51 am

i think no doubt it is bulky
    but there are a lot of functions that u even tried yet
    6300 can receive push emails?
    should be you judging the phone by its appearance????
    a business phone doesn’t seems like chasing the technology
    yeah it is
    but that doesn’t same as a multimedia phone like those youngsters out there are using…

bb is also supported by celcom now

14. Ihsan khanon 17 Nov 2010 at 10:14 pm

Hi it defind on a person, and use. Those who need ,nokia 6300 use it. Those who need BlackBerry they know what is blackberry. Simple is that. Thanks

15. Theunison 26 Nov 2010 at 12:56 am

I will never go back to any other phone, Blackberry is the best.

16. Dudeon 25 Jan 2012 at 9:21 pm

Blackberry is good

17. -__-on 04 Jun 2012 at 2:16 am

Hey, I just found ur web in google “blackberry stupid phones”…. Hahahaha… Yea I’d prefer nokia or android better, blackberry’s just a horrible device… Well I was forced to have one too, cuz there’s so many of my friends use blackberry in the first place and that’s just too bad… I just hope that RIM could make a better, REAL better phones with normal price…