Dec 11 2007

Latest Owners Profile of Desa Parkcity

Published by at 9:41 pm under All,DPC,Miscellaneous

According to the information in the IDAMAN Web (last updated on 14 Aug 07), below is the profile of the people who bought their houses in Desa Parkcity.

NADIA CONDO (condominium inside their signature project NADIA)
Chinese: 92%

ZENIA
Chinese: 83%
Bumi: 8%
Indian: 5%
Foreign: 2%
Others: 4%
One of my company’s director bought a unit in Zenia and contributed to the population of ‘Others’ there! (He is a Singh) ;)

Looks like the Chinese are more likely to buy a condo in this area (Nadia). The data for Nadia townhouse is removed from the site, but from my previous record Nadia’s racia profile, there are 89% Chinese. And in Safar Terrace, Chinese made up 92% of the community.

Bumis tend to prefer Adiva and Adora more, and foreigners bought Adora and Zenia. Can’t tell which nations of foreign invester here though. Interesting to note that Chinese less prefer Adora, maybe too many Angmos? ;) :P

Other posts on DPC
Desa Park City – Buyers Racial Profile
Latest Development on Desa Parkcity
Buying Houses
Zenia, Desa Parkcity
Amelia, Desa Parkcity
My colleague bought Amelia, Desa Parkcity
Why Desa Parkcity (DPC) is so expensive?

25 responses on Latest Owners Profile of Desa Parkcity

25 Responses to “Latest Owners Profile of Desa Parkcity”

1. celineon 17 Dec 2007 at 10:04 am

hello..was just surfing for DPC and found ur blog. i’m staying in southlake.. i’m not selling.. hahaha..it’s my family house anyway. anyway, just give u some points why shud u consider this area.. ? hahaha frankly speaking i am not a property agent and all but since i am living in this area thought might just drop u some points..so dat u can go and purchase a house and become my neighbour.. :P it’s really the high rising property now that i see DPC almost anywhere. compared to the rest of de gated community..i think DPC has a consistent growth and they have a lot of land to further develope the area. i guess the housing price will continue to grow as compared to other smaller gated community gardens. also, we have a small convenient mall at the center of DPC and it’s really cool to have jusco in our midst instead of jamming all the way into kepong’s jusco. this jusco is juz walking distance. so think abt it la :)

2. suzetteon 17 Dec 2007 at 2:10 pm

celine: I heard that MaxValue (the jusco shop) is walkable from Zenia and Southlake. Did you try walking there? I intend to bring my mom there and blog about it! :P

3. Hanson 04 Jan 2008 at 4:17 pm

Hi, I just moved into DPC Nadia condo on Xmas eve. So far, I love my it and I think I am having new life. My friends like to visit me because they can see the nice scenerios. I did walk from Nadia to Maxvalu. It is 10 mins walk from Nadia condo and it is more convenient than drving as I may need to make u-turn twice. By the way, every 5th and 25th of the month, there is additional 10% discount for the items sold. Please apply your Jcard in the Kepong JJ.

4. suzetteon 04 Jan 2008 at 5:27 pm

Hans, thanks for dropping by my blog and left a comment. Wow, only 10 min walk? That should be quite pleasant if you walk in the evening. Will take note of the 5th and 25th discounts. :) Glad that you found a place that you like to stay. :)

5. Hanson 04 Jan 2008 at 9:46 pm

Suzette. You have a very good blog on DPC. Are you also a resident in DPC?

6. suzetteon 04 Jan 2008 at 11:19 pm

Hans: Thanks for the compliments. Hope you find useful info here.
    Hehe, actually no lah, not a resident in DPC. I first wrote about DPC was long time ago when this site was still in blogspot. It was because my mom’s house is in Kepong, nearby. Then, later I found out the post about DPC is the only one attracting lots of search engine traffics. So, I became interested in blogging DPC, coz it attracts traffics – particularly when DPC’s own site was under construction for so long. An opportunity that I’m taking. LOL!

7. Annetteon 16 Feb 2008 at 8:33 pm

Hi Suzette,

Am considering a corner unit in ADORA. Anyone currently staying in Adora ? May I have some commend on this phase ? Any idea how much was developer price for a 3storey corner when 1st launched ?

The unit I viewed is quite ok except I dont like the brick wall rite in front of the living hall. Any idea can this wall be torn down & replaced by lower fencing by the owner ?

Majority occupants is Chinese ??

Thks for your feedback.

8. suzetteon 17 Feb 2008 at 4:29 pm

Annette, sorry I’ve no idea on ADORA. There is a property forum which you might find useful information: http://www.realestate.net.my/forum/

Whether or not you can change the external structure, depends whether the property is under strata or individual title. If I’m not mistaken, Adora is under strata title, i.e. no external alterations allowed.

The data shown here is only the 1st hand owners’ profile. They might rent out or sell them though. So, cannot be sure of the actual occupants profile. :)

9. Frankieon 03 Sep 2008 at 3:45 pm

Hi Suzette I found your blog by “accident” when I surf DPC website. It’s interesting to read those feed back. I use to go morning walk all the way up to the hill top of Ridge wood over looking water front , club house, KLCC and even the whole Genting Highland city during good wheather ! You’ll be surprise to see lots of uncle unties there !

10. suzetteon 06 Sep 2008 at 10:15 am

Frankie: thanks for dropping by and left a comment. Many years ago, before DPC was completely developed, we used to walk up hill from the other side. Looking down, we saw all the ground work, felt a lil quite sad coz there goes a piece of greenary. But now… The sight is not bad! My sister likes to dine in the area to enjoy the view of those houses – kind of: I can’t afford the houses, but can at least look at them. Hahaha!

11. Lindaon 08 Sep 2008 at 9:48 am

I have been eyeing on Desa Parkcity for the last 4 years and my pay never seem to catch up with the price. Finally bought one unit in Safa.

I could have bought a couple of other properties with the price I am paying but then again….”You can buy HOUSES anywhere, but it may not be a HOME. Desa Parkcity is a place where you can call HOME within a HOME”…

hmmm…perhaps DPC should use this as one of their taglines…:)

Cheers.

12. Ameliaon 10 Sep 2008 at 11:02 am

I have been reading your blog for a while and it has been very helpful. Like Linda, I have been following up Desa Park City launches from day 1 and can’t believe the prices have gone up so fast. With Waterfront opened up recently it make you feel that you are in ‘Australia’ but minus the weather, haha…

This is an excellent development and recently my husband and I have started to look up for properties in Adora, Advia and Nadia but found that the prices are way too high as compared to other developments within the vicinity. A double storey Nadia Parkhomes is asking from RM850k onward for a built-up of 2432sf. Is it a value-buy? Can anyone drop me a feedback? Cheers

13. suzetteon 10 Sep 2008 at 2:13 pm

Linda: Congratulations on your recent acquisition! Safa is one of the earliest launches, and I heard that the security is very strick although it is not strata titled. People who wants to go in to ‘just have a look around’ cannot do so. To me, buying a landed property, what to look for is security, not just the environment (that’s why am still staying in a small apartment!). You have all in one there!

Amelia: Wow! Nadia 850k? It is quite a few years old already, whoever bought it when it first launch would have made a lot. Depends on types, some actually was bought at about 400k only. I think if you have to pay for that price, why not consider Zenia, the latest completed phrase. Its design is more modern (Nadia is balenese style and is outdated), and I think it is the most beautiful phase of all. The price is probably slightly more expensive but worth – newer, nicer, etc. I think with 900k or so, you can own a new secondhand double storey unit. They are still very new coz handover was somewhere around June ’08.

14. Daphaneon 15 Oct 2008 at 4:31 pm

DPC definitely a heavenly place on earth. Finally, I’m one of the owner; however, not sure when I can really move in to my unit and make it as my home instead of just buying it for investment (my current plan). Even my mom likes it so much … until she was commenting that if she can, she would rather sell her current house and move there to get a smaller unit (trade in big house for small apt) also ok wor…how crazy right?

For those that had been there, I’m sure you’ll have that thought in mind :)

15. Zenia Residenton 28 Nov 2008 at 12:48 am

calling residents of DesaParkcity. Am gathering solid incidence of the following for my case:
    1) Water leakage esp. if attributed to rat bites.
    2) Pest control issues – esp. rodents/rats

Any information at all on the dangers of water leakage and resultant damage from use of ?Polybuthylene? or Bute-Line pipes for hot water pipe system in Zenia.

Background: experienced severe damage to internal pipes leakage. DPC attributed that to rat damage. Refuses to bear cost of damage to my property. Am padding up a case with high incidence of rodents if it is at all, rats that bit the pipes (vs. poor connection, installation etc.)

The use of Bute-line pipes seems to have been outlawed in some states of the USA and there was a Class Action suit of USD950m (See COX vs. Shell Oil) which clearly established the issues of these pipes.

Is Malaysia / Asia the dumping ground of these “inferior” and potentially problematic pipes?

There is danger lurking within the deep recesses of our walls and ceiling! Be forewarned.

Please contact me should you have more information on this and are willing to provide solid evidence of water leakage as well as pest control (esp. rats) problems in other phases.

Mob: +6012 273 8998

16. suzetteon 19 Jan 2009 at 11:02 am

Daphane: That is for sure! Many people at the end sold their other properties and stay in DPC. Maybe you will be the same. LOL!

Zenia Resident: Wow! Really? Where is the area got bitten? Inside concealed wall areas? I wonder how the rats can bite that huh?

17. Kitto (nadian)on 24 Jun 2009 at 6:09 pm

there are not as many chinese in adora and adiva compared to the rest of the neighbourhood because of the layout of the house. the design is non-conventional so i supposed the chinese dislike it, including me :p

18. suzetteon 25 Jun 2009 at 11:27 pm

Kitto: really? How unconventional are they? Would you mind sharing more?

19. Kitto (nadian)on 26 Jun 2009 at 1:52 am

I’ve been into the unit in Adiva. My first impression is, wow, what a weird design they have got there. If i remember correctly (I visited the unit like 3-4 years ago), I saw a lounge and a toilet then there is a kitchen. they are many toilets and i made a comment at that time where each day we will clean a toilet and we can take a rest on sunday. for chinese, toilet is not an auspicious place to be, but there are some many of them in those Adiva’s houses.

my meaning of unconventional design is the layout of those houses are not arranged as per a typical double storey house that we can find else where. Some said these are the western design.

Even in zenia, you will find a lounge and a toilet on the ground floor, the kitchen is on the 2nd floor, and I cant even remember where the rooms are situated. May be on the 2nd and 3rd floor. Most Chinese families have the elderly staying with them. To climb up and down to 2nd and 3rd floor is a big challenge for them.

well just my 2 sens worth.

20. suzetteon 26 Jun 2009 at 8:02 am

Kitto: Absolutely agree with you about the inconvenience for elderly. My aunt was looking for a house around that area, and she couldn’t accept that as well, because one day sooner or later she will not be able to walk up to her bedroom. LOL!

But then, now I think back, my grandparent’s old house is double storey, bedrooms are all on the upper floor too, with a maid’s room/ store room on the ground floor. Now, she cannot walk already, it is almost impossible to carry her up. She sleeps in the store room now (of course, refurbished to make it better).

21. eaion 28 Sep 2009 at 11:10 pm

am interested to buy a 1000sf-1200sf unit in Nadia condo…any owners considering selling it/ any offer available? am expecting my baby soon, i think the environment is very suitable…
    thanks

22. FRANKIEon 29 Sep 2009 at 1:43 pm

Nadia Condo for sale :
    Size : 1173 sq ft
    Asking price : RM545,000
    Contact : FRANKIE
    MOBILE :012-308 2388

23. suzetteon 29 Sep 2009 at 5:25 pm

eai/Frankie: Glad you two ‘meet’ here. Frank, forwarded your contact to eai, up to eai to contact you. Good luck!!

24. roseon 04 Jan 2012 at 5:47 pm

i am moveing to malaysia and would like to buy a condo at desa park city i have a small dog will this be a problem ?? rose

25. Hanson 04 Jan 2012 at 8:42 pm

Hi Rose,

You may contact my brother who is helping me to sell my Nadia Condo. His email address is mingmilo@gmail.com

His name is Milo.